Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jarrius Wallace to Arizona: Safety recruit signs with Wildcats, spurns Colorado

An OKG patrolling the secondary

The Arizona Wildcats will have plenty of secondary help in this recruiting class, with a few incoming safeties. Among those will be Jarrius Wallace, a 3-star safety out of Marrero, Louisiana. He had offers from Northwestern and UCF, but ended his recruitment process after committing to Arizona over Colorado, his other finalist.

This is a commitment that I wasn't expecting, as I just felt that Colorado was better suited. After Wallace's commitment, I was able to talk to him about his decision.

"I like their program and I feel like it would be a nice fit for me at free safety," he said. "It was nice. I could see myself living there for the next three or four years."

Arizona has been recruiting well out of Louisiana as of late, with the help of coach Calvin Magee. The plentiful Louisiana products on the roster help Wallace feel more comfortable and a little closer to home.

From the defensive backs in this class that I've spoken to, it seems as if coaches think these guys will be able to see the field early. Wallace will project as a free safety; Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles has that spot locked up. But still, we've seen many guys within the safety rotation over the last few years and Wallace has some serious speed in coverage that will be great to have.

His senior year highlights are below



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1PAdblT
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home