Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Early Signing Period: 3-star running back Jalen John signs with Arizona

arizona-wildcats-jalen-john-recruiting-profile-early-signing-period-football-2020 RB commit Jalen John on an official visit to Arizona in June 2019. | Photo via @j_r_john on Twitter

Meet the dynamic back from the PNW

The Arizona Wildcats added a dynamic running back from Oregon on Wednesday in 3-star Jalen John.

Read on for John’s profile.


Height/Weight: 5-foot-11, 212 pounds

High School: Lakeridge High School (Lake Oswego, Ore.)

Hometown: Spring Hill, Fla.

Ranking: No. 823 overall, No. 56 running back, No. 4 player in Oregon

Star Rating: 3-star (247Sports Composite), 3-star (247Sports), 3-star (Rivals)

2019 Stats: 234 car, 2,074 yds, 21 TD; 12 rec, 214 yds, 1 TD

Career Stats: 476 car, 4,067 yds, 48 TD; 28 rec, 397 yds, 3 TD

Other Offers: Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Utah

Early Enrollee: No

Brandon’s Thoughts: John is probably the most dynamic playmaker signing in the early period for Arizona. To be frank, I was extremely excited when he committed and I still am.

John has a very unique running style. He runs with a large amount of power, however, he also runs with finesse. He has great vision and fluid hips that allow him to change direction easily.

Throw into that his impressive speed and you have a deadly combo. Honestly, he reminds me of a bigger J.J. Taylor.

He will easily see playing time as a freshman.

Gabe’s Thoughts: Jalen John is a legit top 500 prospect and an incredible runner to watch. He’s got the vision, burst and power to be a special player at Arizona.

There are a lot of good backs in the system already, and it’ll be interesting to see if he wins a role as a true freshman. He has RB1 potential from the start, but Gary Brightwell, Nathan Tilford, Bam Smith and Michael Wiley are all very talented as well.

When all is said and done I think John will end up in the record book.

Jalen’s Thoughts on being a Wildcat: “I think my mindset is not just showing up, but showing out. My goal as an individual and as the 2020 class is to U of A better then when we got there.”

Season Highlights

Favorite Food: “That’s a hard one. Probably Thai food.”

Favorite Music Artist: “Honestly, I listen to a lot of MJ (Michael Jackson) when I’m cleaning or hyped sometimes. My go-to would probably be Drake.”

Hobbies: “I play piano a lot, but I can play about four instruments (piano, tenor sax, clarinet, and drums). I also play games and I like ping pong too.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “Adrian Peterson, no shade on DeMarco (laughs), Alvin Kamara, and Drew Brees.”

Biggest Supporter Throughout Your Career: “Definitely my brother and my mom.”

Fondest Memory of High School Career: “Honestly, just leaving high school knowing that I’m admired and I inspired a lot of little kids to play the game of football. I was one of their figures that they looked up to.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/34xSrG9
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home