Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Early Signing Period: 3-star quarterback Will Plummer signs with Arizona

arizona-wildcats-will-plummer-2020-early-signing-period-recruiting-football QB commit Will Plummer in action against Notre Dame Prep | Photo via AZDew on Flickr

Meet the dynamic passer from Gilbert

The Arizona Wildcats added a big-armed, dynamic quarterback from Gilbert on Wednesday in 3-star Will Plummer.

Read on for Plummer’s profile.


Height/Weight: 6-foot-2, 204 pounds

High School: Gilbert High School

Hometown: Gilbert, Arizona

Ranking: No. 904 overall, No. 33 pro-style quarterback, No. 21 player in Arizona

Star Rating: 3-star (247Sports Composite), 3-star (247Sports), 3-star (Rivals)

2019 Stats: 268-for-438, 3,584 yds, 33 TD, 18 INT; 119 car, 502 yds, 10 TD

Career Stats: 520-for-885, 6,871 yds, 58 TD, 35 INT; 212 car, 1,016 yds, 13 TD

Other Offers: Colorado, Duke, North Texas, Oklahoma State, Oregon State

Early Enrollee: Yes

Brandon’s Thoughts: I think Plummer is one of the best playmakers in this class. He has a big arm and is incredibly accurate both on the run and in the pocket. But his arm isn’t the only way he makes plays.

His is deceptively effective at creating plays with his legs. Whether it’s scrambling around to find the open receiver or taking off for big gains, Plummer knows how to use his legs. He very much reminds me of Grant Gunnell in this matter.

Speaking of Gunnell, you can see Plummer has a natural feel for the game much like the soon-to-be sophomore gunslinger does. While scrambling, he is able to keep is eyes downfield for a majority of the time to find the open receiver while being aware of his surroundings enough to avoid pressure.

He does have the tendency to try to do too much at times, and that is something he is already aware of. Once he is able to overcome that, he’ll be even more dangerous. With Gunnell, Doyle, and Plummer, Noel Mazzone is starting to create an incredibly dangerous quarterback room in Tucson.

Gabe’s Thoughts: I love in-state prospects, especially ones who put up ridiculous numbers. Will Plummer led Gilbert and played one of the toughest schedules while leading 5A in passing yards and the entire state in passing yards per game.

He looks incredibly smooth as a passer, where no throw feels uncomfortable and has an absolute rocket arm with incredible ball placement. His mobility only adds to his play making ability.

I have Will Plummer as the highest ranked prospect in this class and believe he’s a top 500 prospect. Of course, the consistency, decision making and game speed dictate whether a quarterback sinks or swims, but I think Plummer has all of the tools to be a successful starting quarterback for Arizona.

Will’s Thoughts on being a Wildcat: “I’m excited and fired up! I’m ready to go in and compete and hopefully help to improve the program.”

Season Highlights:

Favorite Food: “Probably steak. The more rare the better.”

Favorite Music Artist: “Travis Scott for rap and Eric Church for country.”

Hobbies: “Fishing with my friends. I go a lot. We just fish small ponds but the largest fish I’ve caught was a 7 pound bass a couple of years back.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “Don’t really have a team but I’m going to go with the (Arizona) Cardinals since I’m from Arizona. My favorite athlete is either (Tom) Brady or (Patrick) Mahomes.”

Biggest Supporter Throughout Your Career: “Definitely my mom.”

What You Like Most About Playing Football: “The competition everyday. I love competing so that’s definitely my favorite part.”

Fondest Memory of High School Career: “My sophomore year when I played tight end. Practice everyday was a blast with my brother and his friends.”

Major: “I’m leaning towards business.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/38PX6qf
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home