Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Early Signing Period: 3-star OLB/DE Kwabena Watson signs with Arizona

Meet the talented California pass rusher

The Arizona Wildcats signed an aggressive pass rusher from Fresno on Wednesday in 3-star Kwabena Watson.

Read on for Watson’s profile.


Height/Weight: 6-foot-3, 210 pounds

High School: Edison

Hometown: Fresno, California

Ranking: No. 813 overall, No. 60 outside linebacker, No. 81 player in California

Star Rating: 3-star (247Sports Composite),3-star (247Sports), 3-star (Rivals)

2018 Stats: 52 tackles (19.0 for loss), 14.0 sacks, 1 pass breakup

Career Stats: 114 tackles (37.0 for loss), 21.0 sacks, 7 PBU, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries

Other Offers: Fresno State, LSU, Mississippi State, Nevada, Ole Miss, Oregon, USC, Wyoming

Early Enrollee: No

Brandon’s thoughts: Watson is an absolute problem coming off the edge. He has an extremely high motor and his strength cannot be overlooked. In fact, he uses that strength, and his speed, to blow up offensive linemen regularly. His bull-rushes get him into the backfield so quick, there are multiple instances of where the QB has no idea what to do. Watson also uses his hands well and has a nice assortment of moves. His frame will allow him to easily put on 15-20 more pounds and not miss a step.

Gabe’s Thoughts: It’s a shame we didn’t get as much film on him as I would have liked because he’s probably a top-500 recruit and we only got to see glimpses of his games. He has a frame that can add some more solid weight and I’m not sure there’s another player on this roster with his size, speed and power off the edge. The stud/edge positions are loaded with talent right now and he’s going to dangerous whenever he sees the field.

Kwabena’s thoughts on being a Wildcat: “I’m going to have the best fan base in the world and have a good time. (I will also) be enrolled in a great medical program.”

Highlights:

Favorite Food: “My favorite food is Asian kick chicken.”

Favorite Music Artist: “I like Ed Sheeran.”

Hobbies: “I watch medical shows and play guitar.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “My favorite team is the (Pittsburgh) Steelers.”

Biggest supporter throughout your career: “My parents and some coaches.”

What you love most about playing football: “What I love about football is the crowd reaction. I like to hear them during big hits and also big tackles for loss.”

Major: “I want to major in medical. I want to go into surgery. When I get older, I want to become a general surgeon. Then I want to transition to trauma.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2PNG41m
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home