Monday, June 13, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star linebacker Nick Smith will visit with Bruce Judson and Robert Porcher

The Florizona movement is real

The Arizona Wildcats have infiltrated the state of Florida and seem to be in good position to land a couple of recruits. Recently, the staff sent an offer to Nick Smith, 3-star outside linebacker out of Orlando, Florida. He's ranked 85th in the nation among outside linebackers, checking in a 6-foot-3, 210 pounds.

He comes from Dr. Phillips High School, which might sound familiar. That's the same school as senior wide out Trey Griffey, as well as 3-star defensive end Robert Porcher IV, who is really high on Arizona last I spoke to him. Smith currently holds over 25 offers, including Cincinnati, Louisville, NC State and North Carolina. He says that Florida and Missouri might be close to offering.

I got a chance to talk to Smith about his recruitment.

"They came out to my school to recruit one of my teammates, Robert Porcher," he said about Arizona. "I just caught their eye in practice. After that day I've been in contact with Coach (Vince) Amey and Coach (Rod) Smith."

Despite holding many offers, Utah State had been his only offer west of the Mississippi River. An offer coming from the Pac-12 has certainly made an impression.

"At first I was really excited because it was my first Pac-12 offer and I think they are a great program competing in the Pac-12 every year," Smith said about his Arizona offer.

The 3-star linebacker wants comfort for both himself and his family when it comes to picking his future school. With the honesty of the Arizona coaching staff, as well as the family feel recruits tell me about, this is a good sign for the Wildcats.

"Just making sure I'm comfortable wherever I go and that my family is comfortable wherever I go," Smith explained. "Where I choose to be for the next four years, I don't need my family worrying about where I am and what's going on. I would also like to play my first year."

He tells me that Arizona will be in his top ten he releases sometime in July, and will try and visit the school sometime in July as well. He'll be bringing some company along with him, which includes 4-star athlete Bruce Judson and his teammate Robert Porcher. The three have been friends since middle school.

"Yes," Smith said when asked if he talked to Judson and Porcher about playing together at the next level. "That's the first thing that came to mind. We've talked about it and plan on visiting Arizona together."

He'll also be visiting Florida, NC State and North Carolina this summer. As for a decision date, he's unsure.

"I'm thinking soon in August but if not then, I'll probably ride it out until 2017."

His junior year highlights at  Dr. Phillips are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1ULWB3B
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home