Sunday, June 12, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star corner Malik Hausman has Arizona number one

After receiving an offer, the Nevada corner is high on Arizona

The Arizona Wildcats coaching staff had a huge 7 vs. 7 camp last weekend, hosting kids from all across the west. While Kurt Warner was not a fan of it, there were some kids who were, receiving offers on the spot.

Among those was Malik Hausman, 3-star cornerback out of football powerhouse Bishop Gorman (Las Vegas, NV). Upon attending the camp, he was offered by the end of the day.

Hausman is a 5-foot-11, 170 pound corner who holds offers to Colorado State, Hawaii, New Mexico, UNLV and feels that Arizona State and Boise State are very close to offering. He'll be visiting Arizona State the weekend of June 11th and then head to Boise State the weekend of June 18th.

I got a chance to talk to him after this visit and offer.

"I first talked to Coach (Jahmile) Addae, the safeties coach," Hausman said about his communication with the staff. "He came out to one of our practices to watch me and he told me he liked what he saw in me and told me to come out to their camp."

During his visit, Hausman liked what he saw in the program.

"I loved the campus. It was beautiful," he explained. "I loved the atmosphere, the vibes, just everything was great. I felt like I fit in perfectly."

His love for the program thus far bodes well for him. When it comes to deciding on a school he'll be looking for a strong atmosphere, the love from the school as well as the tradition.

"I just want to feel at home and be comfortable."

I asked Hausman where Arizona ranks compared to the schools that have shown interest. His response: "Number one."

"I'm going to wait and enjoy the process," he said about his timeline to commit. "Probably commit sometime in December after my season."

Hausman has been on varsity for two years now. As a junior, he accumulated 42 tackles, three pass deflections, three interceptions and also forced a fumble.

His junior year highlights from Bishop Gorman are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1UM1Ihr
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home