Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Arizona emerges as the leader for 3-star offensive guard Matthew Gutwald

After his visit to Tucson this past weekend, Gutwald says Arizona is his top choice.

Despite all the attention surrounding 3-star offensive guard Matthew Gutwald, Arizona is currently the leader for his services. He is ranked No. 58 among all offensive guards in the nation, checking in at 6-4 275lbs. Lately, he's picked up some attention from Oklahoma, Notre Dame and Stanford, holding offers to Oregon, Oregon State and a plethora of Ivy League schools.

Gutwald has already taken a visit to Eugene earlier this summer, but his trip to Tucson topped it. "It was my favorite visit. I had a great time with the other recruits and the staff," he said about his visit.

"I really enjoyed the sense of family and the connection I formed with the coaching staff. The culture of the program was the best I've seen."

His visit was so great, he told me that Arizona is now at the top of his list.  "Arizona is definitely my leader now."

He will still take his official visits and gather as much information as he can before he makes the big decision. "I think I will decide after I have visited all the programs, sometime after my [senior] season," Gutwald said about committing.

A commitment from Matthew Gutwald would be huge for Arizona. All signs seem to point to Washington for Michael Eletise, so Gutwald would come in as the featured guard of this class. Jacob Alsadek, freshman all-American, could realistically leave Arizona in two years and with Cayman Bundage graduating, Gutwald could see the field pretty early in his college career.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1CW2QMX
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home