Sunday, October 25, 2020

4-star shooting guard Shane Dezonie commits to Arizona amid news of NCAA Notice of Allegations

HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL: JAN 15 Spalding Hoophall Classic

Even though the Arizona Wildcats recently received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA that reportedly accuses them of five Level I violations, they continue to make waves on the recruiting trail.

The Wildcats received a commitment from Shane Dezonie on Sunday, a four-star shooting guard from Brewster Academy in New Hampshire. The 6-foot-3 swingman becomes the second member of Arizona’s 2021 class, joining four-star combo guard K.J. Simpson.

Dezonie is the No. 86 player and No. 20 shooting guard in the 2021 class, per 247Sports composite rankings. He also had offers from other major-conference schools like ASU, Arkansas, Clemson, Kansas State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Rutgers and Wake Forest.

“As a kid, I felt like Arizona was my dream school so the decision wasn’t really hard for me,” Dezonie told Rivals.com. “Sean Miller and I had that instant connection. I knew pretty much right away it was the right place for me to develop and get to the next level.”

Dezonie previously played at Hudson Catholic in New Jersey where last season he averaged 12.4 points, 4.1 assists, and 4.0 rebounds per game while shooting 49 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3.

Arizona just offered Dezonie last week and hasn’t been able to host him for a visit to due to NCAA recruiting restrictions in place during the coronavirus pandemic. Associate head coach Jack Murphy has been his primary recruiter.

This is more than just Arizona adding another player into the fold. It shows it can still recruit even when bogged down by the news of a Notice of Allegations.

“Arizona is a place for guards to develop and get better,“ Dezonie told Rivals. “Coach Miller is a great coach. I feel like he can really get the best out of you and other Arizona players have told me that, He’s a hard coach, and that’s good for me. He can really pull the best of me.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/31YhXpJ
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home