Monday, September 7, 2020

Expert now predicts Ben Gregg will commit to Gonzaga over Arizona

Photo courtesy Oregon State Athletics

The Gonzaga Bulldogs were late to enter the Ben Gregg sweepstakes, offering the Oregon big man on Aug. 27, but they just might win it.

Rivals.com’s Corey Evans now predicts Gonzaga will land the four-star forward after previously projecting he would commit to the Arizona Wildcats.

Gregg said in late July that he was starting to “steer away” from the Zags, but that was before they offered him.

Once that offer came, it’s no surprise to see the Bulldogs as a frontrunner, as Gregg told PrepHoops in 2018 that Gonzaga is his “dream school.”

“Spokane, that’s where I grew up and that’s where my family lives too,” said Gregg, who attends Clackamas High School in Oregon. “But I’m just looking for a D-I school that’s really competitive and will help my game grow.”

Gregg previously told The Oregonian that Arizona has been in contact with him throughout the process, one of the reasons it is an appealing destination.

“Arizona, I’ve talked to one of their coaches every day,” Gregg said. “We’ve built a really good relationship. Sean Miller calls me two-to-three times a week. If I go there, I’ll have a really good chance of turning professional. That’s big for me—what I will do after my three-to-four years in college.”

Gregg will announce his college decision on Wednesday, Sept. 9. Oregon is firmly in the race too.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2ZfDA34
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home