Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Early Signing Period: 3-star RB Michael Wiley signs with Arizona

Meet the speedster from Houston

The Arizona Wildcats signed a speedy, patient running back from Houston on Wednesday in 3-star Michael Wiley.

Read on for Wiley’s profile.


Height/Weight: 5-foot-11, 183 pounds

High School: Strake Jesuit

Hometown: Houston, Texas

Ranking: No. 1,471 overall, No. 94 running back, No. 191 player in Texas

Star Rating: 3-star (247Sports Composite), 3-star (247Sports), 3-star (Rivals)

2018 Stats: 186 carries, 1,569 yards, 19 TD; 15 receptions, 211 yards, 1 TD

Career Stats: 340 carries, 2,632 yards, 29 TD; 35 receptions, 416 yds, 4 TD

Other Offers: Georgetown, McNeese State, Princeton, Yale

Early Enrollee: No

Brandon’s thoughts: This is another sneaky good addition for Arizona. Someone commented to me about him that he looks like J.J. Taylor. I can get behind that. He is a little faster that J.J., but runs with similar agility, toughness, and patience. He also reminds me of soon-to-be redshirt freshman running back Darrius Smith. It is blatantly apparent that Wiley has taken a large step forward in his game. He looks a lot better than his junior film and I believe he is an absolute steal. It’s also worth noting that he is also incredibly intelligent. Just look at some of his offers.

Gabe’s Thoughts: Huge improvement from his junior to senior season. Super explosive when changing direction and can be a dangerous running back for Arizona in the future. Just shredded defenses this season and I’m excited to see how he carves a role out for himself in the future with Darrius Smith since they both seem like very similar backs. You can’t go wrong with either one.

Grant’s thoughts on being a Wildcat: “I’m pretty excited for it! Just can’t wait on the experience.”

Season Highlights:

Favorite Food: “Soul food in general.”

Favorite Music Artist: “Kid Cudi.”

Hobbies: “Just playing video games. I play Madden, GTA, and 2K.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “I like the (Houston) Texans and my favorite athlete is Lebron.”

Biggest supporter throughout your career: “Definitely my parents and my closest friends.”

What you love most about playing football: “It’s just fun to me. Kind of an unconditional love thing. It started when I was young and I haven’t let go.”

Major: “Business and finance.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2EwRZyn
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home