Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Early Signing Period: 3-star OG Jamari Williams signs with Arizona

Meet the Florida-based lineman

The Arizona Wildcats signed another aggressive offensive lineman from Florida on Wednesday in 3-star Jamari Williams.

Read on for Williams’ profile.


Height/Weight: 6-foot-3.5, 285 pounds

High School: Cardinal Gibbons

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ranking: No. 1,174 overall, No. 60 offensive guard, No. 162 player in Florida

Star Rating: 3-star (247Sports Composite), 3-star (247Sports), 3-star (Rivals)

2018 Stats: N/A

Career Stats: N/A

Other Offers: Boston College, Bowling Green, Florida International, Georgia State, Indiana, Kent State, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, South Alabama, South Florida, Southern Miss, Syracuse, Temple, Texas State, Tulane, UCF, UNLV, Western Kentucky.

Early Enrollee: No

Brandon’s thoughts: Williams is another great addition to the offensive line group. He is an absolute monster on the field, bringing aggression to his game. And just like Josh Donovan, that aggression is just what you want with offensive linemen. Williams also finished his high school career on a high note as his school won the Florida 5A state championship. Not bad at all. One thing I wanted to point out, when I asked Williams if he was going to be an early enrollee, he was sad that he wasn’t. He mentioned that he is going to grind hard this offseason and be ready to “raise hell” once he’s in Tucson. Love that aggression and confidence.

Gabe’s Thoughts: It’s hard to tell how soon offensive linemen can get into the mix but I think that once Jamari Williams cracks the line up he will be a really solid multi-year contributor. Coming off a state championship season, I love what he brings to the table. He’s a big dude, does well in pass and run block, and finishes a block. He had his fair share of schools to pick from and I wouldn’t have been surprised if Georgia or Auburn pursued him, so consider this a steal for Arizona in my book.

Jamari’s thoughts on being a Wildcat: “I can tell I’m wanted and needed. Glad to be a part of the family! The coaching staff is just truly unbelievable. I have a relationship with every coach.”

Season Highlights:

Favorite Food: “Oxtails.”

Hobbies: “Bowling, swimming, and chilling with my friends.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “(I like) the New York Jets. I model my game after Trent Williams.”

Biggest supporter throughout your career: “My family for sure.”

What you love most about playing football: “It’s like therapy when I’m out there. I don’t have to worry about any problems. I also like putting guys in the dirt.”

Major: “Sports management/business.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Eu5uiy
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home