Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Early Signing Period: 3-star DT Myles Tapusoa signs with Arizona

Meet the aggressive JUCO D-lineman from Utah

The Arizona Wildcats signed an aggressive and well-rounded defensive tackle from Utah on Wednesday in 3-star Myles Tapusoa.

Read on for Tapusoa’s profile.


Height/Weight: 6-foot-3, 330 pounds

High School/Junior College: West HS/Eastern Arizona College

Hometown: Rose Park, Utah

Ranking (JUCO): No. 75 overall, No. 9 defensive tackle, No. 9 player in Utah

Star Rating: 3-star (247Sports Composite), 3-star (247Sports), 3-star (Rivals)

2018 Stats: Unknown

Career Stats: Unknown

Other Offers: Houston, Idaho, New Mexico, Oregon, Oregon State, South Alabama, UAB

Early Enrollee: Yes

Brandon’s thoughts: This is one I’m excited about. Tapusoa is an absolute bulldog and one of Arizona’s most well-rounded commits. He plays with a high motor and aggression. He also has the vision to reach his arms out while engaged and disrupt the play or straight-up make the tackle. This is a huge win for Arizona and defensive line coach Iona Uiagalelei. They were able to stave off Oregon, Oregon State and a few other schools at the end. Tapusoa, along with Eddie Siaumau, are also the types of recruits that Iona specializes in getting: Polynesian players. They are both important parts for Arizona to help rebuild the Polynesian pipeline in Tucson.

Gabe’s Thoughts: Arizona’s most complete recruit. I love this commitment. Recently picked up an Oregon offer which I really considering the level of their recruiting class right now. Just an absolutely great build and I think he comes in day one and starts for Arizona. Coach Iona did a great job piecing together a defensive line and now getting someone who can help immediately who he handpicked is going to be really nice.

Myles’ thoughts on being a Wildcat: “I love the whole idea about being a Wildcat. I see myself there and being a part of the family. Great coaches there! Great program!”

Season Highlights:

Favorite Food: “Palusami (Samoan food). It’s Taro leaves made with coconut milk.”

Favorite Music Artist: “My favorite music artist is Tupac. I like anything old school haha!”

Hobbies: “I play the guitar and sing. Probably saw that coming. Anyway, I like playing rugby and hiking.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “I like the (San Francisco) 49ers and the (Los Angeles) Lakers. My favorite (football) athletes are John Randle and Derrick Thomas. For basketball, it’s Kobe.”

Biggest supporter throughout your career: “I’m going to have to say my family, especially my parents. They all played a huge role in my career. I’m thankful for my family.”

What you love most about playing football: “The thing that I enjoy about playing football...I honesty don’t know how to pinpoint it down to one thing. I just love the game.”

Major: “Honestly, I don’t really know yet.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2QK1Ubv
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home