Sunday, April 16, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star speedster Jordan Byrd offered by Wildcats

The New Mexico prospect is looking to visit Tucson at the end of April

Now that spring ball is over, the Arizona Wildcats are starting to hit the recruiting trail even harder.

On Thursday, April 13th, they reached out to neighboring New Mexico and offered speedster Jordan Byrd.

The 5-foot-10, 166 pound Manzano High School (Albuquerque, NM) standout is starting to see his recruitment pick up with Oregon, Utah, New Mexico, and San Diego State joining the Wildcats on his list of offers.

“I’m up to seven or eight offers,” Byrd said. “I want to take my time and see all that I can. Sometime during my senior year I’ll decide.”

“I want to visit all of the schools that have offered me,” he continued. “I want to go through that list and the pros and cons of each school and figure out what’s best for me.”

When it comes to the Wildcats, Byrd recently received his offer from a new addition to the staff.

“They followed me on Twitter about two days ago. They said they liked the way I play and they liked my film,” Byrd explained about how his communication with the staff started. “They said I can be a wide receiver for them. Coach (Theron) Aych, he is the one who offered me.”

Byrd has also been invited to campus at the end of the month and he wants to see how Arizona would fit him.

“Yes, I might go to Arizona to check out the Wildcats,” he said. “They want me to come down there on April 29th. I want to see the chemistry, coaches, and teammates and what they’re like. I want to see what they would do with me and what academics they have down there.”

Of note, these are also the qualities Byrd is looking for when he chooses a school.

As for visits, Byrd took his first unofficial to San Diego State on Saturday to check out the Aztecs.

When watching his film, the immediate thing that stands out is Byrd’s speed. He clocked a 4.46 second 40 during The Opening Regionals in Dallas. And his speed is something that can’t be overstated. When he finds a hole he blows through it so fast that if you blink you miss him. Once he gets into the open field, he’s able to use that speed to outrun defenses with ease. He also has great vision of the field and agility that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Byrd is an athlete, playing multiple positions on offense for the Monarchs. Arizona is focused on him as a wide receiver whereas other schools are recruiting him as an athlete.

During his junior campaign, Byrd racked up 874 yards on 116 carries and 14 touchdowns on the ground while catching 25 passes for 381 yards and three touchdowns.

His highlights can be viewed here.




from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2ogxPOi
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home