Friday, January 20, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: Wildcat commits and targets recap Tucson visit

The Wildcats had a successful recruiting weekend after the dead period

The Arizona Wildcats hosted a number of official visitors from January 13 to January 15. While many were commits, they had two uncommitted prospects who Rich Rodriguez is looking at to complete this 2017 cycle.

Below are the reactions from some of the players who made it out to Tucson.


Joshua Brown, Linebacker Commit

How did your visit go?

“I love Tucson! I can’t wait to go back and get to work and bring the city some hardware.”

How was your first face-to-face meeting with Coach Scott Boone?

“It went great. We had a great talk and he is a great coach. I know we are going to do great things!”

What was your most memorable moment during your visit?

“Sitting down in Rich Rodriguez’s basement with all the recruits discussing the future of Arizona football.”

What are you looking at as a major?

“I’m thinking about business.”


Kurtis Brown, Defensive Line Commit

How is your knee doing?

“My knee is fantastic, a month ahead of schedule and squatting 350 (pounds) easily. The (Arizona) coaches were blown away of how great shape I was in and how big I got. So far this knee setback was the best thing to ever happen to me.”

How was your visit to Tucson this time around?

“This time around in Tucson we got to get pretty close with some future teammates and checked out the city. (We also) talked about the academics a lot and how beneficial it is for us athletes.”

What was your most memorable moment during your visit?

“When Rich Rodriguez sat down with all the commits. (He) talked about how special this group is and how we can win championships easily with this core group of guys.”

What are you looking at as a major?

“It’s between business marketing or business management.”


Colin Schooler, Linebacker Commit

How was your official visit?

“It went well. I loved the feel of the school and everything Coach Rodriguez had to say.”

What was your most memorable moment during your visit?

“I loved meeting all the recruits that are also committed and getting to go to Coach Rodriguez’s house to hangout and eat there.”

What are you looking at as a major?

“Business, communications, criminal justice, and political science all interest me.”


Scott Young, Safety Commit

How did your official visit go this weekend?

“It was great this weekend. I really enjoyed myself around the players, coaches, and commits. It was the icing on the cake for me and I’m excited about being in Tucson.”

What was your most memorable moment during your visit?

“The whole weekend (laughs).”

What are you looking at as a major?

“I’m undecided.”


Drew Dixon, Wide Receiver/Athlete Commit

How was your official visit to campus?

“Going on my visit made me 100% committed. I didn’t want to go back to school. I just wanted to start and be in college and in the program right away. But now waiting until I’m there in June, it’s building up a fire. I can’t wait to be there and make a difference at the U of A and be a true hometown hero! I’m proud to stay true to my hometown. I expect a different energy next season.”

What was your most memorable moment during your visit?

“Hanging out with Cayleb Jones, Will Parks, and Brandon Dawkins.”

What are you looking at as a major?

“Business or economics (finances).”


Warren Jackson, WR Commit

How did your official visit go?

“It was amazing. I have been there three times and every time I come back, I fall in love with it again and get really excited to see what the future holds for me there.”

What was your most memorable moment during your visit?

“Just getting to be around my fellow teammates and coaches and just getting that family vibe from everyone.”


Anthony Pandy, LB Target

How was your official visit to Tucson?

“It went great. Everything stood out to me. There’s just positivity everywhere.”

What was your most memorable moment from your visit?

“Talking one-on-one in person with Coach (Marcel) Yates. (Also) going to Coach Rodriguez’s house and the speech he gave only to the recruits.”

How did you enjoy Tucson?

“It was fun. I enjoyed it a lot.”


Bryce Wolma, Rhedi Short, Xavier Bell, Troy Young, and Tony Wallace were the other commits that made it out to the Old Pueblo last weekend. Kylan Wilborn couldn’t make it out due to a scheduling conflict, but he has rescheduled his visit to this upcoming weekend.

Florida speedster Travell Harris was the only other uncommitted player who made the trip out to Tucson. Arizona placed themselves in a great position with him but will have to wait it out to see if they’ve done enough to land his commitment. He will be visiting Washington State this upcoming weekend.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2jIke3q
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home