Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Allonzo Trier issues statement on PED suspension

The sophomore guard says he did not knowingly take a banned substance

Allonzo Trier and the Arizona Wildcats have officially broken their silence on why the sophomore guard has not played this year.

After ESPN’s Jeff Goodman reported Wednesday night that Trier had been suspended after failing a PED test, Trier released a statement:

“Earlier this season, I was notified that I tested positive for a trace amount of a banned performance-enhancing drug following an NCAA random test and I was shocked. I have never knowingly taken a banned substance. After finding out that I was given a banned substance by a well-intentioned, but misguided person not associated with the University after an injury, I presented this information to the NCAA. The NCAA agreed that I had no knowledge of receiving the substance and my eligibility was restored. Although I can practice and travel with the team, I am not allowed to resume playing in games until the substance completely leaves my body even at a trace amount. Unfortunately, I am unsure of when that time will be, but I hope it is soon.

I want to thank my family, coaches, teammates, my attorney and the athletics department for their support during this difficult time. I will not have any further comment at this time. In addition, I have asked the athletics department to respect my privacy by not answering any questions or releasing any information beyond this statement.”

Arizona has not commented on the matter until now due to student-athlete privacy laws.

It is still unclear when or if Trier will return to the court this season, but as he says, once there is no more trace amount of the drug in question remaining in his system, he will be allowed back on the floor.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2jNxnFf
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home