Thursday, December 22, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: Wildcats offer 2-star wide receiver Travell Harris

Arizona still looking for speed in the slot

The Arizona Wildcats lost out on Darrian McNeal after the mid-year enrollee flipped to Oregon just a few days after being offered by the Ducks. The Arizona offense currently has a lot of smaller, speedy receivers going forward, and it appears as if Rich Rodriguez still wants to bring in that type of player in this class.

The staff sent out an offer to Florida based receiver Travell Harris, a two-star prospect out of Jesuit High School (Tampa, FL). He currently holds offers to Missouri, Purdue, and Washington State among many others.

I spoke to Harris about his recruitment process with Arizona.

“Well Arizona has been on me for a while they just didn't have any open slots because they had so many commits but with a decommit they told me the offer was on the table,” Harris said about his recent offer.

“Everything happened so fast and now I'm talking with the whole staff,” he added. “Coach (Jahmile) Addae started it off then came Coach Rod the head coach who sealed it off. I've been talking with everyone like I said before I'm opened to everyone and just taking my time with this process.”

Harris was pleased to receive his offer, which has piqued his interest. He’s already taken the time to research the program and learn more about what Arizona can offer to him now.

“I'm very excited,” he explained. “Love the Pac-12 Conference and ready to get to know more about the coaching staff. I looked up their facilities online and I like what I see, just have to go visit for myself. I see that they went 3-9 this year so I know they need to fix some things and I think that the coaching staff is fixing that up.”

Harris is going to be taking his time throughout the entire process. His recruitment has really picked up over the last few weeks and he will be assessing every option to this point.

“I'll have to see as this process keeps going,” he said about his quick countdown to National Signing Day. “Everything is happening fast and the coaching staff and I are just getting to know each other.”

He’ll be visiting Washington State officially on January 13 and Toledo soon after that. He feels that UCF is close to him offering him as well, but will try to keep an open date for an Arizona visit.

Coaching staff, playing time, quarterback situation, distance, weather, and facilities will all come into play, as well as making sure his major is available, which he plans on being sports management.

During his senior year, he had 22 carries for 250 yards and two touchdowns, as well as 22 receptions for 592 yards and nine touchdowns. Defensively, he had 41 tackles and three interceptions. Jesuit High lost to the eventual state champions in the semifinals.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2iheo8v
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home