Saturday, October 17, 2015

Arizona basketball: Mark Tollefsen wins dunk contest in Wildcats debut

Not a bad start for the new Arizona forward

Mark Tollefsen has not been an Arizona Wildcat for very long, but he had a nice debut, winning the dunk contest with this beauty:

He took down Justin Simon, Ray Smith and Chance Comanche by getting perfect scores from the judges for this.

"Since high school," Tollefsen said when I asked him how long he's been working on that dunk. "It's just been a while since I did it, and I just thought of it spur of the moment, and thought I'd give it a shot."

"It was pretty spur of the moment to be honest."

A while ago, I talked to Tollefsen about his leaping ability, and how it catches people off-guard.

"People see me, and just don't think of me as someone who can play above the rim," he told me two weeks ago. "I think that's going to surprise and excite people when that happens."

He certainly showed off the hops not only in the dunk contest, but picked up eight rebounds in the short scrimmage, a few of those being putbacks. Maybe there will be a big role for him on this year's team.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1NNUNGJ
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home