Thursday, July 2, 2015

London Iakopo talks about his recruitment with Arizona

Here's what Long Beach City College safety, London Iakopo, has to say about Arizona.

There are a few safeties that Arizona has their eyes on, including London Iakopo, Long Beach City College sophomore. As a 3-star recruit, ranked 5th among all JuCo safeties, 56th among all JuCo products, he currently holds offers to Iowa State and Washington State.

After just one season at LBCC, Iakopo caught the attention of the Arizona coaching staff. "I was really excited about them offering me because they recruited me in high school... They wanted me as a preferred walk-on," Iakopo said. "They're a great program with a great staff and after meeting the entire staff a main thing that stuck out to me is how close they are. They aren't a coaching staff, they called themselves a family and the comfortability I felt when I was around them was great."

Iakopo is also a big fan of the 3-3-5 defense that is run under Jeff Casteel. "That 3-3-5 is special and not too many schools run it. It gives me the ability to come down in the box, play deep and drop into coverage and kinda roam around. Safeties make a lot of plays in [Arizona's] defense as well," Iakopo said about his fit in the defense.

Arizona is also in the mix for Josh JJ Allen, Iakopo's teammate at LBCC. In an interview with Allen, he noted that Arizona is currently his top school.

"We actually talked about it today (June 30th). We both love the program. We're both excited and we both plan on enjoying the process and making a decision soon," Iakopo said about his relationship with JJ. "We talked after camp about how fun it would be to play [at Arizona] together. I'm not sure what's on his mind referring to coming to a decision, but as of now, for me, I'm gonna wait a little more just to see what comes."

Iakopo hasn't set any final plans, but does wish to schedule an official visit sometime in October. The date appears to be October 24th, when Arizona hosts Washington State.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1LXFO8n
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home