Friday, July 3, 2015

Arizona football recruiting: Safety Gavin Robertson draws interest from Wildcats

OKG Gavin Robertson talks about his recruitment with Arizona

Arizona is bound to pick up a commitment from a safety soon for the 2016 recruiting class, with Gavin Robertson as a potential fit. A 6-2 190lb safety out of Auburn Mountainview High School (Auburn, WA), Robertson is ranked No. 146 among all safeties and ranked No. 23 among all recruits in the state of Washington.

He currently holds offers to Hawaii, New Mexico, and Wyoming, among others. Robertson is a recruit on the rise, garnering the attention of the Pac-12 North. "I've been talking to Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State a lot."

Robertson had a lot of good things to say about Arizona. "I think it's a great program. One of the top programs in the Pac-12 or one of the best programs in the nation," he said. "Arizona is ranked real high among those schools (above). I'm coming down to Arizona to visit on July 18th."

There is no timetable for Robertson to commit and setup official visits, keeping his recruitment fairly open. When he visits, there will be a few things on his mind. "I'll be looking to see if Arizona is somewhere I can fit in and if I can see myself making an impact at Arizona," he said.

In a 3-3-5 defense, there are three different roles to be filled by a safety; free, spur and bandit. "I see myself as a hard-hitting safety. I emulate my game after Kam Chancellor and Ed Reed," which could allow Robertson to thrive in the bandit position.

There are a lot of safeties on Arizona's radar, and Gavin Robertson''s recruitment is one to keep an eye on going forward. His junior year highlights are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1f9lOWa
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home