Sunday, August 23, 2020

3-star California RB/LB James Bohls commits to Arizona

james-bohls-arizona-wildcats-2021-commitment-cole-batson-california-running-back-analysis-prospect 247Sports

The Arizona Wildcats have been doing fairly well on the recruiting trail for 2021, despite not having a chance to meet most of their top targets in person. They had a bump in the road this past week with a decommitment, but now they’ve filled that slot with another prospect.

From the same high school, by the way.

James Bohls, a 3-star running back/linebacker from California, has committed to the UA over offers from Boise State, Colorado State, Hawaii and San Diego State.

The 6-foot, 195-pound Bohls is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 1,114 player in the 2021 class, as well as the 75th-best running back and No. 94 prospect from California. That’s two spots better than Cole Batson, who decommitted from Arizona on Monday and committed to Boston College on Friday.

Bohls and Batson are teammates at San Clemente High School, where last season Bohls ran for 677 yards and nine touchdowns and also had 10 catches for 90 yards as well as an 85-yard kickoff return TD.

He also played on defense, which might end up being his future based on Arizona’s needs.

“It’s kind of funny how it all worked out,” Bohls told 247Sports. “Cole committed back in June to Arizona and after he committed, I wanted to commit too but they didn’t have any spots left. A few weeks ago, Cole told me he wasn’t really feeling Arizona as much and wanted to visit Boston College.

“He de-committed last week and right after, I got a call from Andy Buh, the LB coach. He told me that a scholarship was back open for me and they would hold it for two weeks. I said, ‘coach I don’t need two weeks, let me just visit the campus first and see how I like it.’ I just visited the last two days and loved it there. I knew that was the place for me.”

Arizona once again has 21 players committed for 2021, and Bohls is the third running back in the group along with 3-star New Orleans product Montrell Johnson and 3-star Tucson-area commit Stevie Rocker Jr.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/3hrn9YS
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home