Wednesday, February 7, 2018

2018 3-star LB/S Dayven Coleman signs with Arizona

Get to know Arizona’s newest Texas signee

The Arizona Wildcats dipped into Texas and added a solid, versatile playmaker in 3-star safety Dayven Coleman on National Signing Day.

Coleman just committed to Arizona on Tuesday, and you can find our article on that here.

Here is some more info on the new Wildcat.


Height/Weight: 6-foot-2, 211 pounds

High School: West Mesquite High School

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

247Sports Rankings: National - 787th; Position - 58th

2017 Stats: 71 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 1.0 sacks, 1 INT, 3 PBU, 3 forced fumbles

Career Stats: 111 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, 2 INT, 5 PBU, 4 forced fumbles

Other Offers: Illinois, Kansas State, Colorado, Minnesota, Syracuse, Utah, UCLA

My Thoughts: I like what Coleman brings to a defense. He can line up at nickelback, safety, or even linebacker. He is effective coming off the edge and flying to the quarterback. He is also a hard-hitter and has decent coverage skills. His versatility will inevitably help the Wildcats and I’d expect him to have a solid career in Tucson because of it.

Coleman’s thoughts on becoming a Wildcat: “Really exciting! I had committed back on my official in December but kept it quiet. Everyone’s been asking me where I’m going so it’s been difficult to keep it secret.”

Senior Highlights:

Favorite Food: “I would have to say boneless wings and nachos.”

Favorite Music Artist: “Lucci. He’s an artist from Georgia.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “My favorite team is Green Bay and my favorite athlete is Lebron James.”

Hobby/Hobbies: “Honestly man I enjoy working out, training, and getting better.”

Major: “I want to major in business and entrepreneurship.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2EsTv4Y
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home