Wednesday, February 7, 2018

2018 3-star DE Adam Plant signs with Arizona

Get to know Arizona’s new defensive lineman

The Arizona Wildcats signed a big time defensive end Wednesday in high 3-star Adam Plant.

Since it is official now, Plant was a silent signee in December but did not announce it. He wanted to officially announce with the rest of his teammates at Bishop Gorman. I confirmed it over a month ago, but out of respect for Plant, I gave him my word not to say anything.


Height/Weight: 6-foot-6, 240 pounds

High School: Bishop Gorman High School

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

247Sports Ranking: National - 706th; Position - 40th

2017 Stats: 52 tackles, 16.0 TFL, 10.0 sacks, 5 PBU, 2 fumble recoveries

Career Stats: 77 tackles, 21.5 TFL, 11.5 sacks, 9 PBU, 3 fumble recoveries

Other Offers: USC, Penn State, Oregon

My thoughts: Plant is underrated in my opinion. His size and speed cannot be overstated. He is also strong, able to overpower his blocker if needed, but he also knows how to use his hands to shed blocks. He was hands-down one of Gorman’s most productive linemen this season. I believe he will challenge for playing time as a true freshman.

Plant’s thoughts on becoming a Wildcat: “Being a future Wildcat is definitely a blessing. I’m very fortunate and glad I get that opportunity to play at such a prestigious university. I think he’s a great coach (Kevin Sumlin). I think he’s the perfect guy for the job.”

Senior Highlights:

Favorite Food: “My favorite food would probably be pizza and chicken tenders.”

Favorite Music Artist: “Migos.”

Hobby/Hobbies: “Hobbies would be going to the movies, hanging with friends, and playing Madden.”

Favorite Sports Team/Pro Athlete: “For the NBA it’s Lebron James and the Cavs. For the NFL it’s Julius Peppers and the Panthers.”

Major: “I want to major in broadcasting.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2FWIvdr
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home