Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Arizona LB Brandon Rutt to transfer

The redshirt junior will graduate and head elsewhere for his final year of college

Arizona Wildcats redshirt junior linebacker Brandon Rutt will transfer, he announced Tuesday on Twitter.

The Gilbert, Arizona native will graduate from the UA in the spring, and will be eligible to play immediately at his new school.

“The last four years at the University of Arizona has been some of the best experience in my life and am so thankful for the opportunity that I was given,” Rutt wrote.

“I was blessed to meet so many people that I can go to anything for. I will be transferring after I graduate to finish my last year of eligibility. I’m excited to see where the next chapter of my life is.”

Rutt played in 37 games in three seasons in Tucson. The linebacker recorded 57 tackles (2.5 for loss), two pass breakups, a sack, a forced fumble, and two interceptions in his career.

Rutt made four starts in 2017 before being displaced by Colin Schooler who was one of the top freshman in the country. Rutt finished 10th on the team in tackles (30).

He was unlikely to have a major role with Arizona in 2018 because of Schooler’s presence, but he still could have provided quality depth.

Rutt is the fourth player to depart from Arizona since Rich Rodriguez’s firing.

Tight end Trevor Wood (grad transfer) and defensive linemen Marcus Griffin (grad transfer) and Larry Tharpe Jr. (NFL Draft) also announced their intentions to leave.


Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2EpyYuz
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home