Thursday, June 15, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: Four-star WR J.R. Justice has Wildcats in final three

Will he leave SoCal for the desert?

J.R. Justice, who is ranked as a four-star WR by Scout (three-star by all other outlets), released his final three schools on Wednesday evening on Twitter, and those three are the Arizona Wildcats, USC Trojans, and San Diego State Aztecs.

“After a lot of thought and prayer, I have decided to narrow down my choices for my future college and home for the next 4 years,” he wrote on his Twitter post. “I would like to thank every school who invested their time in me and I hope each and every one of you reach success. Furthermore, I would like to thank my coaches and family for helping me during this time. These are my top 3 schools in no order: Arizona, USC, SDSU”

He holds 22 total offers, including places like: Boise State, Illinois, Louisville, Tennessee, and Virginia Tech among many others.

Justice hails from St. Augustine in San Diego, so if he were to choose Arizona over his other final two schools, that would mean leaving his native Southern California.

He told Scout’s Greg Biggins this about Arizona:

"I haven't visited yet but I've heard great things about the place. I like the coaching staff and I've had other friends lay it down for me how it is there and it has all been positive. I think it's a place I could become a better football player. "

Ruben Meza, who covers SDSU for Rivals, writes that Justice is the top prospect in the San Diego area in terms of making an immediate impact at the college level. Justice is ranked as the 420th player nationally in the composite rankings.

Listed at 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds, this would be an important get for Arizona. Justice would be slightly larger than Cam Denson, who uses up the rest of his eligibility in 2017. So you could see Justice step into that role upon arriving in Tucson.

247 lists Justice as an athlete, but according to his stats on MaxPreps, he was used almost exclusively as a wide receiver. In 13 games last year, he hauled in 46 passes for 932 yards and 12 TDs, including a long reception of 96 yards. Justice ran the ball twice, threw two passes, tallied four tackles, and broke up a pass in addition to his receiving numbers last season.

You can watch some of his highlights here. He’s used in all kinds of packages, and showcases his ability to run all types of routes and utilize various skillsets needed to succeed at wide receiver at the next level.

Justice does not have a date in mind for making his final decision.

"It will most likely be a spontaneous decision for me, just whenever it feels right," Justice told Scout. "I don't have a specific date in mind right now, I'm just going to play it by ear but good chance it will be before my senior year and sometime in the summer."



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2sEHlQO
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home