Saturday, May 13, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star defensive end Timothy Mosley working to set up visit to Tucson

The rangy defensive end impressed the Arizona staff during spring practice

The Spring Evaluation period is in full swing for college programs. The Arizona Wildcats have been making their way across the country, handing out offers to prospects they want to take a closer look at.

At the beginning of the month, the staff made its way to the fertile recruiting grounds of Southern California and handed out a couple of offers to recruits. One of those was Timothy Mosley.

The 6-foot-4, 240 pound 3-star defensive end from Dorsey High School (Los Angeles, CA) picked up his second offer from the Wildcats on May 3rd.

“Right now only two, Florida A&M and Arizona,” Mosley said of his current offers. “A lot of schools are showing a lot of interest so that may change soon.” He added that Fresno State, California, Washington State, Arizona State, USC, Colorado, and UNLV are other schools he’s currently in contact with.

Besides the increased interest from schools, Mosley has taken some visits and is working on setting up more.

“I plan to set up an official visit to Arizona soon,” Mosley said of his future plans. “I’ve visited Fresno State on an unofficial and California recently invited me to visit on May 21st.”

Mosley’s recruitment with the Wildcats started when the staff made its way to his high school to check in on him and some other prospects.

“Well a coach (Defensive Coordinator Marcel Yates) came to the school and asked about me. He saw how good my grades are and said that on film I have a motor and give a lot of effort,” he stated about Arizona’s visit. “He came to our practice and saw me moving around on the field at linebacker, tight end, and defensive end. He told my coaches that I have the scholarship (offer), then they told me later during practice.”

“Yes just Coach Yates really,” Mosley explained of his communication with the Wildcat staff. “I’m trying to set up an official visit so I’ll have to text him.”

Right now, Arizona is sitting in a good spot with Mosley.

“High,” he stated of his interest level with the ‘Cats. “I really want to go on a visit to check out the campus and everything.”

“The history of Arizona. I really hear a lot of alumni and people say the school is a good school,” Mosley added of what about U of A catches his eye. “It’s one of my top schools because they’re the first Pac-12 school to offer me. At the end of the day, I’m going to go to wherever shows the most love and the college is not too far from home.”

When looking for a place to call his next home, Mosley has a few attributes that he is looking for.

“A school I know where I will fit in well at,” he explained. “(A school) that provides my major and I can succeed academically at. (A school) that will challenge me and make me a better player all around and believes in my abilities.”

At the next level, Mosley projects as a long, rangy defensive end. In fact most colleges are recruiting him as a defensive end. Colorado, however, is looking at Mosley as a stand-up rush linebacker, which would also suit his playing style.

Based on recent additions, Mosley would fit into what the Wildcats are trying to do with their defensive line. With his length and speed he would be able to help the Wildcat pass rush. Other attributes that he can bring to the table are his abilities to use his hands and shed blocks.

You can view his highlights here.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2qgMcE2
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home