Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star DE Adam Plant Jr. verbally commits to Wildcats

The Wildcats get a great defensive lineman

The Arizona Wildcats picked up their third commitment of the 2018 class in talented defensive lineman Adam Plant Jr. on Wednesday evening.

“I’ve been talking it over with the coaches and my parents and we just thought this that this is the best decision for me,” Plant explained about his decision. “I fell in love with the school and it was a great feeling when I got there. I just feel like that’s the best for me.”

Arizona has been looking to make inroads into Las Vegas and have done a great job with Jahmile Addae leading the charge. Plant visited Arizona in early march and really enjoyed the experience.

“What stood out the most was the atmosphere of the school and how open and welcome the students and coaches were,” he said after his trip to Tucson. “And I loved the facilities at the school.”

I really like this commitment. Plant is a great defensive lineman and one of the top ends in the West. He is extremely quick off the line. He has an explosive burst of speed to start off and has a great motor. He is able to stop on a dime and change direction to stop the ball carrier in the backfield. He also has the awareness to pinpoint the quarterback and give chase. One attribute that sticks out to me is his ability to use his hands.

Plant won Defensive Line MVP during the Rivals Camp series stop in Southern California earlier this month.

In his junior season with the Gaels he finished with 25 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 4 PBU, and a fumble recovery. His highlights can be found here.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2o5zPgk
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home