Monday, March 6, 2017

Arizona basketball recruiting: 2018 Five-star wing Emmanuel Akot set to decide between Arizona and Utah in coming week

Cats or Utes? That is the question.

Emmanuel Akot may have an official final four, but this race is down to two schools — Arizona and Utah.

With visits to both of those schools behind him, the five-star 2018 prospect will not visit his other two schools, Oregon and Louisville, he tells Eric Bossi of Rivals.

Instead, it appears the 6-foot-8 small forward will make his decision this week, though a date has not been set according to his Wasatch Academy coach, Curtis Condie, who says Akot is currently on spring break in Canada.

As for his visit to Tucson two weeks ago, Akot said it went “great” and mentioned how impressive the atmosphere was.

He also added, “Arizona is a great school. My parents and I got more comfortable with the coaching staff. Coach Miller said he'll put the ball in my hands and will allow me to make plays but also expects me to be a great defender.”

After taking in sunny Tucson, he flew back to snowy Utah to catch a game there as well. He also enjoyed that visit and talked about how he’d be used in their program.

“I had a great visit,” he told Rivals. “Coach K (Larry Krystkowiak) told me that I would be a big pick up for their program. He would put me in a lot of pick and roll and allow me to create. I would have a role similar to Delon Wright. It was good to see how important I am to their program.”

Akot is a big time player that will excel on defense and brings a raw, but versatile skill set to the offensive side of the floor. At 6-foot-8, 205 pounds, he’ll likely want to add a few more pounds to his frame in order to be most effective on the court. However, he has a ton of upside and the way Coach Miller is able to take players from point A and get them to point B (ie: the NBA) should be a huge factor when he makes his decision.

This would be the first commit of the 2018 class for both schools and would give each program a dynamic player to build their class around.


We profiled Akot last October in case you wanted to read more about him.

You can follow Alec on Twitter: @UofAlec



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2mQ8c9W
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home