Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: Early relationships are key for 2019 defensive lineman Keyon Ware-Hudson

Another high profile 2019 recruit to keep an eye on

The 2017 recruiting class is close to being full, and the Arizona Wildcats staff will slowly begin building towards 2018 as the season progresses. But we’re starting to see the staff create very strong impressions on quite a few 2019 prospects, which now includes defensive end Keyon Ware-Hudson.

Ware-Hudson is a 6-foot-2, 240 pound high school sophomore out of Vista Murrieta HS (Murrieta, CA), the same high school as freshman tight end Jamie Nunley. According to 247Sports, Ware-Hudson is ranked as the 16th-best player in the nation, 2nd among all defensive ends.

He currently holds offers to Michigan and USC, but has built extremely strong ties to Arizona, stemming from his middle school days.

"I went on a visit in 8th grade and met Coach Miguel (Reveles). He invited me to a camp and since then have been in communication with him and defensive line coach Vince (Amey). It's really good," he said of his relationship with the staff. "I like Coach Miguel and my dad likes him and Coach Vince. Relationships are important to both of us."

"I realize it's early in my recruiting process but my relationship with them is great," the defensive end prospect added. "I do not expect calls every week but when we are together it's good. I loved my visit in 8th grade and hope to make it back."

Arizona’s biggest need is on the defensive line, and the staff likes what they see out of the sophomore.

"They've told me that they love my speed off the edge and my hands and they could really see me in their system," he explained. "I’m just trying to focus on my speed and technique and do everything I can to get better."

Arizona is always one of the first schools to offer a guy and that is no different with an elite talent like Ware-Hudson. Recruits appreciate the belief the staff has in them and that has resonated.

"I appreciate the early interest from Arizona. It means a lot to me that they believe in my ability," he said. "I enjoyed the campus. I will definitely be taking trips with my dad next year and U of A will be one for sure."

As a future five-star prospect, Arizona is going to be competing with the richest programs in the nation for Ware-Hudson’s services. Even though it’s still two and a half years away from National Signing Day for the young defensive lineman, he has some of the most desirable programs in the nation constantly contacting him.

"USC stays in contact with me and has given me unlimited access to campus," he explained. "Texas A&M, UCLA coaches stay in contact. I receive a lot of mail from FSU and Oregon. Washington, TCU, Baylor, and Stanford say they’re interested too."

Ware-Hudson was on the varsity squad as a freshman, recording 73 tackles, 6.5 sacks, forcing a fumble and snagging an interception. His freshman year highlights are below.

This 2019 class has a lot of big players in line. Offensive tackle Cole Thomas and quarterback David Baldwin are two that I’ve spoken to before, both holding extremely high interest in Arizona. Add Keyon Ware-Hudson to the mix and this class is already in good position.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2b7oMfl
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home