Sunday, July 31, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: 4-star receiver Bryan Thompson recaps Tucson visit

Another pass catcher with size who could find his way to Tucson for good

The Arizona Wildcats had many visitors on July 23rd and we’ve been trying to catch up with all of them that were at the event. Next up is Bryan Thompson, a 6-foot-3, 190 poun receiver out of Rancho Verde High School (Moreno Valley, CA).

Thompson is ranked as a 4-star prospect according to Rivals, and an extremely high-end 3-star by both Scout and 247. He is currently ranked 386th in the nation on 247’s composite list, just over 30 spots away from being a composite 4-star prospect.

On his recent trip to Tucson, Thompson appears to have really enjoyed what the University of Arizona has to offer.

"It was great, I love how you don't have to go far to get whatever you want. Everything is basically on campus," Thompson said about his surroundings. "Also, I felt like it was like a family atmosphere out there which I like."

Thompson has a lot of connections with the current commits and even a few players who are already on the team. They’ve all been in his ear throughout his recruitment, which set the bar high for the program.

"A lot of people have been telling me I need to visit Arizona and they met my expectations," he said. "All the players that are already there have been recruiting me."

He says his primary contacts have been wide receiver coach Tony Dews and football analyst Miguel Reveles. Reveles has played a major part in recruiting guys out of the Inland Empire.

So far, Thompson has only had the opportunity to visit Arizona, Arizona State and UNLV. He’s been in heavy contact with Boise State, Colorado, Indiana, Oregon State, Washington State and Oregon, telling me that he feels like the Ducks will offer soon.

I think a top three for Thompson could roughly look like Arizona, Boise State and Oregon. But before he plans any official visits, he’s looking for more offers, some that come from the other side of the country.

"I want to wait to probably get SEC schools and ACC schools to go on my official so I'm not sure yet," he said about where he’ll take official visits.

While he has no timeline to commit as of now, he has a few things in mind for his future school. All of which apply to Arizona.

"It will be a natural feeling that I get for a school," he explained. "I like family teams, also a coach that not only can I call him my coach but a father figure."

Arizona is tight on scholarships, but I feel like with some potential movement in this class, there would most certainly be room for Bryan Thompson, even with a Joseph Lewis commitment. Plus, if he does commit to U of A, he’s a talent I’m not sure you can say no to. His size at 6-foot-3 would give the Wildcats even more size to work with on the outside.

As a junior at Rancho Verde he recorded 58 receptions for 1,259 yards and 13 touchdowns. His highlights are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2adUbsu
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home