Friday, December 18, 2015

New Mexico Bowl predictions

Will Arizona win and finish 7-6?

The Arizona Wildcats enter the New Mexico Bowl 6-6. So there's a winning record on the line when they take on the New Mexico Lobos in their home stadium on Saturday.

Let us know how you think the game will go as we tell you how we see it playing out:

Gabe Encinas : The triple option attack could be a handful for this defense, and that's obviously the main concern. New Mexico should be able to score quite a bit, but I wouldn't expect Arizona to allow any breakout plays.

I would expect Arizona to run the ball a lot, even without Nick Wilson in the backfield, to keep the ball out of the Lobos' hands, and for the offense to roll. The Lobos don't have a strong defense when it comes to the rush or pass defense, so I'm hoping it's easy for Anu Solomon and the stable of backs to get their momentum rolling early.

Final Score: 34-24

Ryan Kelapire: I really have no idea how Arizona's defense will fare against New Mexico's triple option. I feel like they'd do better against a run-heavy offense than a spread offense, so I'm optimistic for this game. On the other end, it wouldn't be surprising to see Arizona's offense struggle without Nick Wilson, but I do think the Wildcats come away with a win. 38-27.

David Potts: New Mexico is not a very good football team. They managed to win seven games, sure, but they barely pulled out wins against bad teams on a few occasions (Hawai'i and New Mexico State, most notably). S&P+ projects New Mexico as the worst bowl eligible team - yes, worse than teams with 5-7 records - and they haven't been able to stop anyone all year. Arizona hasn't either, sure, but at least Scooby is coming back to provide some support in the run game. I think Arizona pulls out a win 45-38, with a late touchdown by UNM making the game look closer than it actually was.

Jason Bartel: This feels like the I-Bowl two years ago, and I'm predicting an Arizona blowout. I'll go 42-17 Wildcats.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1PbtFz9
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home