Thursday, December 31, 2015

Arizona football recruiting: Kapri Doucet commits to Wildcats

A big time get for the recruiting staff heading into the new year

The Arizona Wildcats ended 2015 with a bang, landing a commitment from the 11th-ranked outside linebacker in the junior college ranks, Kapri Doucet. The 3-star linebacker checks in at 6-3 225lbs, and could be in the rotation immediately for Arizona.

If you've kept up with the recruiting roundups, I've said all along that I was very confident that Arizona would land him. Based on my talks with him, and the other schools in the mix and their recruiting positions, I didn't think Arizona would miss out here. Here's my full interview with him after his official visit to Arizona.

He had Louisville, West Virginia, Oklahoma and Nebraska, among others, on his recruitment. Doucet was planning to take official visits to Louisville and West Virginia in January, so we'll see if things change. Last I talked to him, he said that this might be a signing day decision, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Academics and playing time were two interests of his, and he loved the 3-3-5 scheme in a high-powered offense such as the Pac-12. He also loved the campus. "Man I love it out there. The whole thing. Everything. There was nothing I didn't like about it," he said about his visit.

"Yeah I talked to Coach Casteel about that," he said about the 3-3-5. "We sat down for a little bit and talked about what they run, what they do and the concepts of the 3-3-5 and how they like to do things. I like what I can do in that defense and the role I would be playing and just different things I can be doing at the linebacker positions."

Here are his 2015 highlights from Lackawanna College. I'll be getting on a call with him later Thursday to talk about his decision, and will have more content coming soon.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/22AJ9Ec
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home