Monday, October 12, 2015

Arizona football: Rich Rodriguez shares thoughts on Steve Sarkisian

What did Arizona's coach have to say about the USC situation

During Rich Rodriguez' weekly press conference, the USC Trojans announced that they have terminated Steve Sarkisian, a day after forcing him to take an indefinite leave of absence.

Rodriguez offered up his thoughts on his relationship with Sark and a little more:

"I certainly feel first for Sark and his health and well-being. I've gotten to know him over the last couple of years, and I really like him, and I think he'll get himself straightened out. You follow it because everyone talks about it, and it's a profession that's a very public profession. It's different when you're sitting in this seat. I've been doing it for a long time, but it is different when you're sitting in this seat. There's a lot of pressure involved. You've gotta rely on your staff, your players, and everyone else to help you in these kind of times."

So how does Rodriguez deal with the stress and everything else that comes with the job?

"I've been doing it so long, since I was 24 years old, even though it was a small college, you still feel that pressure as a head coach. But, to me, none of us probably sleep well during the season, and sometimes in the offseason. I think eating the right foods, exercising. I work out about every day, at least five days a week, sometimes six. I think that helps. I'm an old-school stairmaster guy where the stairs disappear, I'm not an elliptical deal. I don't really like it, but I like to eat, and that relieves a lot of stress. I'll put it on the highest level and torture myself for 30 minutes. So it's been good, and I feel good, and if I didn't do that, it'd be even harder for me to sleep."



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1N9CZTi
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home