Thursday, June 18, 2015

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star offensive guard Matthew Gutwald talks Wildcats

Arizona could be landing some big time size on the offensive line

Recruiting for Arizona is starting to pick up as we get closer to kickoff. One of Arizona's top targets on the offensive line is Matthew Gutwald, 3-star out of Dublin High School (Dublin, CA).

The big 6-4 275lb offensive guard took some time out to talk about his Arizona recruitment..

He holds offers to Oregon State, Oregon, and Washington State, among others, as well as six Ivy League schools including Brown, Princeton, and Yale.

"Arizona and Oregon are my top two schools", said Gutwald. It's hard to compete with a school as prestigious as Oregon in a recruiting battle, but his ability to fit into the offense and chances of playing early is something he believes gives Arizona the edge over Oregon. "I really love the staff at Arizona and their offensive system, I feel like I would be a great fit."

He will consider Ivy League schools and is still waiting for some other offers to come in before making anything official. But he is pretty sure he'll be visiting Tucson in July.

"I want to take my official visits, so probably after my senior season", when asked about when he is planning on committing to a school. "Whenever I feel like I could go to school there for 4-5 years. If I feel that, I will commit early."

Heading into his senior season, he wishes to perfect his technique and second level blocking. He also added that he wants to lose more of his bad weight to get ready for college. Gutwald plans to study general chemistry if biochemistry is not offered. Luckily for Arizona fans, UA is ranked 38th in biological sciences.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1InS7Y5
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home