Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Tucson quarterback Treyson Bourguet commits to Arizona for 2022

treyson-bourquet-arizona-wildcats-salpointe-commitment-quarterback-recruiting-coronavirus-2020 Courtesy 247Sports

A little thing like a pandemic isn’t getting in the way of the Arizona Wildcats building for the future through recruiting. And based on the early returns for the Class of 2022, it might actually be helping them in their efforts to land in-state products.

Treyson Bourguet, a 3-star quarterback from Tucson’s Salpointe Catholic High School, has committed to the UA:

Bourguet is Arizona’s second commit from the 2022 class in as many days, both from in-state schools. On Tuesday it landed a pledge from 3-star Chandler wide receiver Kyion Graves.

And like Graves, Bourguet cited the uncertainty related to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic—which on Tuesday led the Pac-12 to cancel sports through the rest of this year—in choosing to stay close to home for college.

“As the world in 2020 changes and we don’t know exactly what the future holds…recently one thing has become perfectly clear to me about my future. I’ve realized that playing football just wouldn’t be the same if it wasn’t in front of my family and friends,” he wrote. “Growing up, I spent almost every Saturday tailgating and going to games at Arizona Stadium. That is why I’m excited to announce my commitment to earn my college degree and play football at The University of Arizona. I am beyond blessed to be able to represent my family and city at the collegiate level and I now God will guide me to do amazing things both on and off the field at UofA.”

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Bourguet is not currently in 247Sports’ composite rankings, but within its own rankings he is the No. 45 pro-style quarterback in the Class of 2022 as well as the No. 16 prospect from Arizona. He also held an offer from Vanderbilt.

Last season Bourguet threw for 805 yards and 13 touchdowns in seven games at Salpointe, having to sit out the first half of 2019 after transferring from Marana. He briefly flirted with the idea of playing in Utah this season, due to Arizona delaying the start of high school football to early October, but ultimately decided to stay at Salpointe.

Bourguet’s older brother, Trenton, is a walk-on quarterback at ASU.

“I couldn’t be happier for my third son,” their father Toby tweeted. “The Lord has blessed him throughout his journey and we’re so happy he decided to stay close to home so we can continue to watch him as he does his thing. ... Yes, we will have some crazy rivalry games real soon.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/3ixXD4b
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home