Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Arizona RB J.J. Taylor not planning to return in 2020

COLLEGE FOOTBALL: OCT 19 Arizona at USC Photo by Jevone Moore/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

Will Saturday’s home game vs. Utah be the last time Arizona Wildcats running back J.J. Taylor takes the field at Arizona Stadium?

“I’m hoping so,” he said Tuesday. “That’s the plan.”

Taylor is on track to graduate in May with a degree in education and sociology, and will be participating in Senior Day ceremonies, despite being listed as a redshirt junior.

Technically, he said, he is not a redshirt junior because his waiver request has yet to be formally accepted. Taylor had his true freshman season cut short after three games after breaking his ankle.

“So technically I’m a senior,” Taylor said.

Declaring for the NFL Draft, not transferring, is Taylor’s likeliest course of action. He said playing in the NFL has been a dream of his since he was 5.

“I mean, it wasn’t really a hard decision,” he said. “If I have my opportunity, I’m going to take it. That’s where I stand.”

Known for his elusiveness and power, the 5-foot-6 Taylor has tallied 124 carries for 640 yards and five touchdowns this season. He’s also caught 26 passes for 260 yards.

For his career, he has racked up 3,182 rushing yards, fourth-most in Arizona football history.

“It’s gonna be pretty emotional,” Taylor said of Saturday’s game. “Just like it was for me in high school in my last senior game.”



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/343jRUS
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home