Wednesday, April 17, 2019

4-star forward Zeke Nnaji officially signs with Arizona

Four-star forward Zeke Nnaji signed with the Arizona Wildcats on Wednesday, becoming the fifth and final recruit to make it official with the UA.

Nnaji, Nico Mannion, Josh Green, Terry Armstrong and Christian Koloko comprise an Arizona recruiting class that is ranked No. 1 in the country by 247Sports.

“I think I chose this place because the coaches really make me feel at home, it just checked off the most boxes, and I can study finance there, which I’m looking to major in,” Nnaji said at his signing day ceremony.

The Hopkins, Minnesota native committed to Arizona back in November. The 6-foot-11 forward is the No. 35 player in the 2019 class, according to 247Sports composite rankings.

“I feel great. It feels like a big weight was lifted off my chest,” Nnaji told local news channel KSTP. “I know I had already been committed for a little bit, but finally to be officially part of the school and the team is great.”

Nnaji had a terrific senior season, averaging 24.1 points and 9.4 rebounds per game. He led Hopkins to a state championship and was named the Minnesota Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year.

“He stands 6-11 and is a slender-but-sturdy 215 pounds, with broad shoulders, long arms and oh-so-smooth on-court demeanor,” wrote the Star Tribune’s Jim Paulsen. “If colleges were to design a prototype for the kind of player they covet, Hopkins senior Zeke Nnaji, the 2019 Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year, would be the perfect model.”

Check out Nnaji’s senior mixtape.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://bit.ly/2IEyXIp
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home