Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Kevin Sumlin injures ankle at Arizona football practice

Injuries are piling up already

The Arizona Wildcats started spring practice Monday, and they are already dealing with injuries.

Head coach Kevin Sumlin pulled up to the Davis Center in a golf cart Tuesday, apparently needing it to get around after he tweaked his ankle at Monday’s practice.

“First major injury of the spring,” Sumlin told reporters from the driver’s seat. “Did you see me limping over to you last night? I got stepped on and then I was doing some examples and I slipped out there in some tennis shoes. So I got up this morning and (my ankle) was this big. But I’m all right. They want to put me in a boot, but I’m not wearing a boot.”

Our David Skinner asked then asked the all-important “Are you hurt or injured?” question, which Sumlin brushed off.

“I’ll be all right,” he said. “I’ll be fine.”

Arizona dealt with its fair share of injuries in 2018, so hopefully this is not a sign of things to come in 2019.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2Cttvo1
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home