Saturday, August 26, 2017

Arizona basketball recruiting: R.J. Barrett to visit Wildcats in late September

The No. 1 prospect will also be visiting Kentucky, Duke, Oregon, and Michigan

The No. 1 recruit in high school basketball will be visiting the Arizona Wildcats next month.

Five-star wing R.J. Barrett announced Saturday that he will be taking his official visit to Arizona on Sept. 21-23.

But first, Barrett will be visiting Kentucky on Sept. 1-3 and Duke on Sept. 15-17. And after his visit to Arizona, Barrett will visit Oregon on Sept. 23-25 and Michigan on Sept. 29-Oct. 1.

“I’m really focusing on this process and getting my visits in right now because I don’t want to prolong anything because I know the teams, coaches and their style of play,” Barrett wrote in his personal blog. “That’s why I’ve got the visits back-to-back like this because I want to have a decision by November. I plan on signing during the Early Signing Period.”

Barrett, a 6-foot-6 wing from Canada, reclassified to 2018 earlier in the month, and he overtook the No. 1 spot in the class once Marvin Bagley III announced his intentions to reclassify to 2017.

“I am definitely excited to get to the campuses and just see what the schools have to offer,” Barrett wrote. “I won’t say I’m looking for one thing in particular, each school has their strong points.”

Barrett is listed as a small forward, but likes to think of himself as a position-less player.

“Coming up my dad taught me to be versatile as a playmaker and be able to play wherever I’m needed from point guard to playing in the paint and that’s how I play,” he wrote. “I really don’t have any position, but I understand that people have opinions based off how I play. The only thing that matters to me is knowing what I’m capable of on the court.”

Arizona coach Sean Miller said in August that the Wildcats will likely have five players signed in their 2018 class by November, and will likely finish the cycle with six or even seven players.

Barrett wants to wrap up the process fairly quickly, and he would be the highest-rated recruit Arizona has ever landed should he decide to take his talents to Tucson.

Here are some of Barrett’s highlights:


Follow Ryan Kelapire on Twitter at @RKelapire



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2vySZtZ
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home