Saturday, April 8, 2017

Arizona basketball: Chance Comanche explains decision to test NBA Draft

This could help him as a college player next year

Earlier this week, it was reported that Arizona Wildcats big man Chance Comanche was going to test the NBA Draft waters, but not hire an agent while going through the pre-Draft evaluation process.

On Saturday, Comanche released a statement explaining what he’s looking to gain.

“I am excited about the opportunity to explore my NBA options, gather information and dedicate the next month to reaching my goals of becoming an NBA player,” Comanche said. “At the conclusion of this process, my family and I will make the best decision for my future both on and off the court. I also want to thank Coach Miller and the Arizona staff for supporting my decision.”

In 2016-17, Comanche averaged 6.3 points and 3.6 rebounds per game. Much like his freshman year, his production and time on the court went up as the season went on.

The deadline for early entry players to announce their intentions for the draft is April 23rd. The NBA Combine runs from May 9-14 in Chicago, and then players have up until June 12th to withdraw from the draft if they do not hire an agent.

Lauri Markkanen and Kobi Simmons have already officially declared for the draft and hired agents. Arizona is still waiting on decisions from at least Allonzo Trier and Rawle Alkins.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2nWnqHm
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home