Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Arizona softball: Danielle O’Toole earns Pac-12, national Pitcher of the Week honors after dominating Washington

O’Toole threw a no-hitter against Washington on Friday

After two stellar starts against the No. 6 Washington Huskies, including her first career no-hitter, Arizona left-hander Danielle O’Toole was named the NFCA National Pitcher of the Week, USA Softball Player of the Week, and Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week, it was announced Tuesday.

The redshirt senior tossed 14 innings over the weekend as the Wildcats swept the Huskies, surrendering just three hits and two runs, while striking out 10.

"I'm proud of the outing our team had this weekend and I am thankful to have them and be a part of such a special group,” O’Toole said in a statement. “I'm happy and honored to be pitcher of the week and I never would have achieved the success without them. I'll never forget my teammates coming through in big moments, and am excited to continue to compete with them."

This the second time this season O’Toole has won the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week nomination. O’Toole is 16-1 with a 0.69 ERA in 111.1 innings.

She also leads the Pac-12 in opponent average (.153) and strikeouts (119).

“I don’t know if I’m enjoying it more — I’ve always enjoyed it — I just think it’s a little different because it’s my last year, so I’m trying to soak everything in,” O’Toole said when asked if she’s having more fun this season. “And I’m having a little more fun because of the record we have right now and it’s fun to be playing.”

Arizona is 32-1 this season (6-0 Pac-12) and is currently riding a 17-game winning streak.

O’Toole and the Wildcats return to action Wednesday when they will host GCU in a double-header.

The first game is scheduled for 3 p.m. PST at Hillenbrand Stadium.


You can follow this author on Twitter at @RKelapire



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2nywkNz
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home