Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 4-star OL Justin Dedich is looking to visit Tucson in the summer

Justin Dedich likes the short distance to Arizona and plans on visiting

When it comes to offensive linemen, the Arizona Wildcats had a rather disappointing 2017 class. Only bringing in blue shirt Edgar Burrola, the offensive line is definitely going to be a position of need in the future.

On Monday, an offer went out to a big time prospect.

At 6-foot-2 and 285 pounds, Justin Dedich fits exactly what the Wildcats are looking for along the interior line and can fill an immediate need.

The four-star Chaparral High School (Temecula, CA) standout has had a busy process so far. He holds 21 offers, however, everyone is on equal ground.

“My parents and I are sitting down and making a plan,” Dedich said about his extensive offer list. “We are trying to see as many schools that have offered me as possible. We want to get to know the schools to see what’s best for me.”

To go along with all those offers, Dedich has already taken around seven visits.

“I have visited Colorado, Colorado State, Washington, Cal, UCLA, USC, and SDSU (San Diego State),” he said of the visits he’s taken. “Actually Arizona is near Southern California. My parents and I are looking at making a trip to both Arizona schools this summer, maybe in May. It’s not far and we want to get out there and see what Arizona is like.”

“Yeah they are recruiting me as a center and offensive guard,” he explained about what position schools are recruiting him as.

Dedich’s offer from the Wildcats came about after communication from two different staff members.

“I talked to Coach M (Jim Michalczik) and Coach (Chris) Singletary,” Dedich said about how his offer came to fruition. “They like that I’m explosive and aggressive at center and guard. They said I can come in and compete (for playing time).”

Dedich does have interest in the Wildcats and one thing he really likes is the distance.

“I like how close (Tucson) is,” he said. “It’s about 6 hours, maybe 5, from my house so it’s not far. I definitely want to check out the campus, student body, and the atmosphere there.”

When it comes to what Dedich is looking for in a school:

“I want to try and take visits to all the schools. I want to get to know the campus and atmosphere of each place. That is a big part for me.”

When Dedich gets to college he is looking at majoring in sports medicine, sports marketing, or business.

I like what Dedich brings to the table and feel he can make an immediate impact. He has an extremely high motor and gets really good pad level. He controls his body well and has really great vision of the opposing team’s pass rush. He has great foot skills and plays with an edge to him.

Of note, Dedich received OL MVP honors at the Los Angeles The Opening Regional this past Sunday and received an invite to The Opening Finals in Oregon this summer.

Here are his junior season highlights.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2ncgo4e
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home