Friday, March 24, 2017

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star WR Jalen Nailor looking at end of summer decision

Arizona appears to be in good shape for the Las Vegas prospect

A couple of weeks ago the Arizona Wildcats hosted a group of players from the Las Vegas area. During that time the ‘Cats picked up USC transfer Noah Jefferson and handed out two new offers.

One of those offers went to 3-star Bishop Gorman High School (Las Vegas, NV) wide receiver Jalen Nailor. The 6-foot, 175 pound speedster had a good experience in Tucson.

“It went really well. I got to talk to the offensive coordinator, wide receivers coach, and the head coach. It was really good,” Nailor explained about his visit. “The coaches were interactive and had one-on-one time with me.”

“We were talking with the OC,” he said about how his offer came about. “Coach Rodriguez came up to my parents and I and told us they offered me. They like slot guys and need more. They said I can come and make an impact and could play early.”

Nailor and the coaching staff has continued to stay in contact.

“Yeah I talk to them,” he said. “I talk to Coach (Theron) Aych.”

Both Nailor and the Wildcats have a mutual interest in each other as well.

“I have high interest right now,” Nailor continued. “I felt at home there. I like how the coaches brought me in and said I can come in and make a big impact on the program.”

On the recruiting front, Nailor is up to eight offers with Arizona, Wisconsin, and Fresno State standing out to him. He has also set a time he is looking at to commit to a school.

“I don’t have any favorites. But towards the end of the summer I’ll be looking to commit,” he said about his timeline.

Besides his visit to Tucson, Nailor has also taken an unofficial to USC. Future visits he wants to take include Arizona for Junior Day or the Spring Game (March 31st), Wisconsin, and Fresno State.

Nailor is looking at majoring in business and knows exactly what he’s looking for in a school.

“Somewhere I can see myself living,” he explained. “Somewhere that has a good school, good football program, and can make me better on and off the field.”

Of Nailor’s many attributes, his speed is what stands out immediately. There is no other way to put it — he is fast. He is able to outrun coverages and defenses and blow the top off the secondary with ease. His agility, vision, and balance are other traits that stand out. He can scan the field and find running lanes and weave his way through. He is also able to keep his feet when hit and then use his speed to gain more yards.

Nailor finished his junior season for the Gaels with 929 yards on 52 catches and 14 touchdowns. Here are his highlights from last year.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/2nkwTKS
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home