Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: Desert Pines offensive lineman Edgar Burrola commits to Wildcats

A huge offensive lineman receives his first power five offer

Amidst a large 7 vs. 7 camp this past weekend, the Arizona Wildcats coaching staff sent out a few offers, which included Edgar Burrola, an offensive lineman out of Desert Pines (Las Vegas, NV).

Less than a week later, Burrola has committed to Arizona.

Desert Pines might sound familiar, as Arizona has one commitment from that school already, Tony Fields, 3-star athlete.

Burrola comes in as a 6-foot-6, 295 pound offensive lineman, who holds offers to Adams State and Idaho.

I got a chance to talk to Edgar about his visit.

"Coach (Jahmile) Addae came to one of my school workouts a while ago and that's when I caught his attention. Soon I started to stay in touch with Coach (Jim) Michalczik," he said about his communication with the staff.

With Michalczik on his recruitment, he's projected as an offensive lineman, which he prefers playing over defensive line.

"I love the campus," he said about his visit. "It's a great environment. There are some great people. I just really enjoyed the campus. And it was my first Pac-12 offer so I was excited."

When it came to picking his future school, Burrola was looking for a few things.

"Where I feel comfortable and how close I am with the coaching staff," he said. "Also looking at how the school is and what I want to major in."

Burrola plans to study business.

"I think it's a great school and their program is amazing. Everything is very well organized and the staff is doing a great job."

Having Tony Fields on board also didn't hurt when landing this commitment.

While Burrola is still unranked, when National Signing Day rolls around he will most certainly be ranked. There's a chance he could blow up this season and start earning more power offers, which will help put those stars in front of his name.

With his only offers to Adams State and Idaho, this could be a project, but at 6-foot-6 and pushing 300 pounds, it could be worth a look, especially if they miss out on Cody Shear, who is set to decide on July 5th.

Some junior year highlights of Burrola are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1U01dpT
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home