Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: 2-star defensive back Tony Wallace says offer would be intriguing

Arizona could be landing another defensive back if they offer

During an Arizona Wildcats camp a few weeks ago, a lot of action went down with some Nevada prospects. Edgar Burrola was among the group, as well as Malik Hausman. That list also included Tony Wallace, a 5-foot-10, 180 pound athlete.

He first began his playing career at Spring Valley High School but later transferred to Desert Pine Field High School (Las Vegas, NV), the same high school as Arizona commit Tony Fields II. Wallace sat out his junior year after transferring, which could explain his slower recruitment process. But with his teammate Fields on board for the Wildcats, that piqued Wallace's interest.

"Tony Fields connected me with the defensive back coach at Arizona and ever since then the relationship has been going strong," Wallace said about his communication with the staff.

Much like every recruit, he enjoyed his time in Tucson.

"It was really nice," he said of his visit. "I had a wonderful time. I really loved the coaching staff and I just loved the environment overall."

More of an undiscovered recruit for now, he just picked up an offer from UNLV, adding to his offer from Colorado. The more I go through the prospect list, the faster I see this recruiting class filling up. Still, I think there could be room for Wallace should Arizona offer him.

"At the moment I only have one offer and that's from Colorado," he said at the time. "USC and Arizona State have been showing interest."

While he doesn't have an Arizona offer, he's one to watch. And when it comes down to deciding on a school he will have a few factors.

"I wanna make sure I can get my education first," he explained. "Also, good coaching where I can relate with like family and also players too. I would like to have a good community to be a part of where I can get along with everyone."

With the interest from the Wildcats and his decision factors, Arizona seems to be in good shape to land Wallace should they offer him.

"I'm very interested with Arizona," he said. "I loved my visit. I would be very intrigued if they were to offer me. At the moment I would say I would rank (Arizona) at the top in all the schools that have interest in me."

Some sophomore year highlights are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/25XSk5W
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home