Friday, February 26, 2016

Arizona football recruiting: Running back Chris Brooks says Arizona is dream school

Arizona recently offered a running back out of California and he was ecstatic about the offer

The Arizona Wildcats coaching staff has been busy handing out offers to recruits from all across the country. Chris Brooks, 3-star running back out Newbury Park High School (Newbury Park, CA) was one of those recruits. Brooks checks in at 5-foot-9, 170lbs, and has been capturing the attention of California, Colorado State, Washington and Washington State.

I was able to talk to Brooks about his offer and learn more about his recruitment process.

"You know, I've been in contact with them for a while now. I could tell they were into me a lot but didn't think they were going to offer me yesterday," Brooks said when I asked about his communication with Arizona. He has been in contact with Tony Dews, the receivers coach, for about a year now.

"Wow they just offered me. My dream school."

There are quite a few factors that drew Brooks over to Arizona, including the offensive play style, location, and previous relationships.

"I love their program. I'm a fan of the state and coaching staff," Brooks said about Arizona. "I enjoy hot weather and the facilities are amazing. Also a good friend Darick Holmes goes there."

Darick Holmes is a redshirt freshman wide receiver out of Newbury Park as well. The two developed their relationship through various camps and tournaments. Darick's younger brother, Darnay, is also a 2017 recruit, ranked 7th overall and 1st among all corners. Darnay has Arizona in his top eight schools and will announce his decision in June.

"Their offense is very appealing," Brooks added. "It fits me perfectly and I feel that I could make a huge impact for that team early, being a dynamic piece to the offense."

Brooks will head out to Tucson in three weeks, the weekend of March 19th. This offer bodes well for Arizona, adding another speedy piece to the offense who could even be moved around to the slot. In the 2017 recruiting class, Arizona will bring in Jessie Britt and Russell Halimon, who will be gray shirting, arriving in January of 2017.

"I see myself committing to Arizona but it will take some time. I'm going to wait it out for a little bit," he said when I asked if he could see himself committing to his dream school during his unofficial visit.

His junior year highlights are below.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1S6GApv
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home