Monday, September 21, 2015

R.I.P. Copper helmets

You've been replaced by bigger and better things

For the most part, the reaction to Arizona's shiny new red helmets has been overwhelmingly positive.

But let's see what happens when people who loved the copper helmets hear this:

"Being budget conscious, we took the copper helmet and painted them," Rich Rodriguez said Monday.

"We're not wearing copper. We're wearing a really shiny red helmet."

So long copper helmets.

"I talked with our equipment guy months ago. I knew that this was going to be a helmet we were going to use months ago."

No one in the room could really tell if he was serious, but I say good riddance to the copper helmets. Hopefully baseball and softball get rid of them too.

I believe the last time football wore copper helmets was the 2013 ASU game, where the Wildcats got smoked in Tempe. Maybe that's why they're gone. No matter what the reason, I welcome our new shiny red helmet overlords in with open arms.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1V6IhpH
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home