Friday, July 10, 2015

Arizona football recruiting: Jacob Colacion's reality check led him to his commitment

Arizona's lastest commit pulled the trigger earlier than he expected

Jacob Colacion committed to Arizona earlier this week, and I got a chance to talk to the latest Wildcat moments after his commitment.

Colacion comes in at 6-1 215 lbs, and is ranked No. 68 among all outside linebackers in the nation, and No. 98 overall in the state of California. He turned down offers to Boise State, Illinois, Indiana, and Washington State, among others to get to Arizona.

"Well I've been pretty fortunate to have offers from different conferences so I got to go and visit schools from all over. Arizona was just an all-around great school to me. Great coaches, great facilities, and a great atmosphere," he said about Arizona coaches Rod Smith and Matt Dudek. "Smith has been recruiting me the most and Matt toured me around when I went on my official. Both awesome guys. And they didn't pressure me at all but let me know that they really wanted me there."

Colacion decided to make his decision before it was too late. "One of my other top five schools committed all of their linebackers so it was kind of a reality check that I could lose my chance to go to Arizona also, so I just pulled the trigger and committed."

"I talked to my parents and coaches about it, and I felt like Arizona is the perfect fit for me so why wait any longer?," he explained.

"I may make it up there on the 18th for the BBQ, but I'm not positive," Colacion said about taking another visit to campus.

When asked about the 3-3-5 defense, Colacion said he believes his speed, physicality and instincts are just some of his strong suits, and in the meantime he'll be working on increasing his speed and strength to prepare himself for the next level. "It's different from what I've been running at my high school, but I'm always up to try something different. Coach Casteel said he wants me playing the weak side backer spot and that's what I'm playing currently,"

This is a pretty exciting recruiting class in the making for Arizona. "I've talked to a couple of guys, Justin Holt and Khalil Tate. Both two guys who are motivated and I wouldn't mind playing with," Colacion said about it.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1HqJE5V
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home