Monday, June 29, 2015

Arizona football recruiting: 3-star DE/LB Evan Weaver to trim his list of schools, Arizona likely to make the cut

A top defensive prospect for Arizona will trim his list of schools

Arizona has been recruiting defensive talent left and right for 2016, and are likely landing a commitment a soon. Evan Weaver, 3-star defensive end out of Gonzaga Preparatory (Spokane, WA), is set to trim his list of schools soon. And I believe Arizona will make the cut.

He holds offers to Boise State, California, Utah, and Washington State, among others. "I was really excited. I'm going down there July 18th to meet the coaches and check everything out," Weaver said when asked about his Arizona offer. "I like that they win and contend for championships."

At 6-3 230 lbs, Weaver is extremely versatile as he is able to line up at multiple positions. "Well, as of right now I might be a linebacker or rush end. [Arizona coaches] are not quite sure yet. I like both defensive end and linebacker and would be fine with playing either," when asked about the 3-3-5 defense Arizona runs.

We do know that Weaver will be trimming his list soon, but as of now, he has no plans to commit in the near future. "I'm not sure right now. I'm taking in as much information as I can on all my schools. I'll be able to find out a lot more when I go and visit them. I will probably start narrowing it down in July or August," Weaver said about his commitment process.

One major factor Weaver will consider when selecting a school is his role. "Do I fit in with the coaches, area and players? Could I see myself spending the next years there?"

"I see myself as an every down defensive end. I can rush the passer, but I'm also strong and big enough to hold my ground and make plays against the run. I try and model my game after JJ Watt. His explosiveness and speed are very impressive," he said.

He has a big senior year ahead of him, coming off a 10-2 season for Gonzaga Prep after their season was ended in the Washington State Playoffs. This season, he'll be working on three things to prepare him for the next level: strength, speed, and leadership.

His junior year highlights are below:



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts http://ift.tt/1GLk4ZH
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home