Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Arizona loses linebacker Colin Schooler, wide receiver Brenden Schooler to transfer portal

colin-schooler-brenden-schooler-transfer-portal-coronavirus-pac-12-football-postponed-2020 Colin Schooler | Photo by Chris Coduto/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The decision by the Pac-12 to cancel all sports through the remainder of 2020, including football, has caused the Arizona Wildcats to lose two key players from their roster.

Linebacker Colin Schooler and wide receiver Brenden Schooler, both seniors, have entered their names into the NCAA transfer portal. Both based their decision on the ability to play football this fall at a school that still plans to do so.

Here’s what Colin Schooler, Arizona’s active leader in tackles with 312, had to say on Twitter:

My time as a Wildcat has been an honor and I have had some of the best moments of my life in Tucson. I have had the honor of working and playing with some amazing people. I would like to thank Coach Rodriguez, Coach Yates and Coach Boone for bringing me into Tucson. I would also like to thank Coach Sumlin for the opportunity to continue playing for Arizona the past two seasons. I would also like to thank Coach Rushing, Coach Hobson and Coach Rhodes for coaching me and helping me grow as a football player. With uncertain times and the Pac-12 not participating with fall sports this year, I have decided to enter the transfer portal and open up my recruiting to conferences who are playing this fall. I will be entering the transfer portal as a graduate transfer. Thank you Tucson!

Brenden Schooler, a graduate transfer who played his first four years at Oregon before coming to Arizona over the winter, said this on Twitter:

I would like to thank the University of Arizona for taking me in and treating me like family. For the short time I was here I had created friendships that I know will last a lifetime. But due to the shutdown of the Pac-12 for COVID-related circumstances, I have decided to enter my name into the transfer portal and open up my recruiting process to conferences who are still planning on playing this season. Again, thank you Wildcat nation and thank you for your love and support!

Colin Schooler becomes the third three-year starter to leave the program since the end of last season, joining safety Scottie Young Jr. and linebacker Tony Fields II, both of whom have transferred to West Virginia.

The ACC, Big 12 and SEC as well as some Group of Five conferences, plus a few independents, are still planning to play football this fall. The Pac-12, Big Ten, Mid-American and Mountain West all postponed fall sports, with the hope of playing them early next year.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/2YjcKXr
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home