Thursday, January 2, 2020

4-star DE Jason Harris commits to Colorado over Arizona

jason-harris-commits-colorado-arizona-football-recruiting-2020-under-armour-wildcats 247Sports

The Arizona Wildcats will not be adding another member of the Harris family to their football program.

Jason Harris, a 4-star defensive end from Gilbert, committed to the Colorado Buffaloes during the second quarter of Thursday’s Under Armour All-American Game in Orlando, Fla.

Harris, the younger brother of UA defensive end Jalen Harris and son of ex-Wildcat star Sean Harris, is the No. 185 player in the 2020 recruiting class according to 247Sports. He would have been the highest-rated player to pick Arizona since Kevin Sumlin was hired in January 2018.

“It was a tough decision,” Harris told BuffStampede.com. “I liked all the schools that I visited. My brother is at Arizona and that’s home and I had good trips to UCLA, Indiana and Texas A&M. The biggest thing for me was I wanted a school where I felt like I could be developed and reach my full potential and that was Colorado.

“Relationships played a big role too and I have great relationships with the Colorado staff. I had to follow my heart, end of the day, that was what I did. I followed my heart and it led me to Colorado.”

Sumlin and his coaching staff had made Harris a major priority in the 2020 class, making several visits to his home including the day after Arizona’s season-ending loss at ASU on Nov. 30. Harris took his official visit to UA in June but attended other games, including the home finale against Utah on Nov. 23.

Harris is regarded as one of the top pass rushers in Arizona. He racked up 24 sacks in his senior season at Higley High School, and could have made an immediate impact for the Wildcats, who had just 15 sacks throughout the entire 2019 season, the least in the conference. Colorado was 11th with 22.

Arizona’s 2020 recruiting class sits 70th in 247’s composite rankings. Twelve players signed in December while another three public commitments opted to wait until February. The Wildcats have also added Oregon wide receiver Brenden Schooler, the older brother of UA linebacker Colin Schooler, as a graduate transfer.



from Arizona Desert Swarm - All Posts https://ift.tt/37zjq6e
via IFTTT

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home